15 Star Wars Cosplays From Around The Web
We’ve been spending some time surfing the web and ogling tons of fan-made, well crafted Star Wars themed costumes from cosplayers around the world. The Internet is full of talented people handcrafting costumes from their favorite characters, some universally recognized, like Han and Leia, and some incredibly obscure, like Senator Chi Eekway Papanoida from “Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.” Among the masses of cosplays, we’ve curated a Pinboard, and from those selections, we bring you this list.
HERE ARE 15 OF OUR FAVORITES:
15. Special Effects Artist Frank Ippolito’s Rancor Costume. If you’re wondering how he gets around, there’s a camera up the costume’s nose that feeds into special goggles so Ippolito can see where he’s going.
14. Shea Standefer’s Jaina Solo (photography by Indigo Verse.) Jaina is an expanded universe character, the twin sister of Jacen Solo, and the daughter of Han and Leia. This particular costume references her time in the Rogue Squadron during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion in the books.
13. KurobaraRini’s Asajj Ventress (photography by Otaku no Baires.) Asajj made her debut in the Genndy Tartakovsky-directed cartoonminiseries “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” as one of Count Dooku’s acolytes, dueling with Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
12. Cosplayers Saphira and Blood Spider’s Satele Shan and Darth Revan (photography bySo Say We All.) Satele Shan and Darth Revan are expanded universe characters (Satele making her debut in the 2009 webcomic, “Star Wars: The Old Republic, Threat of Peace,” while Revan debuted in the “Knights of the Old Republic” video game series) and as the photo suggests, they did not have the best relationship. Satele was responsible for defeating Revan when he was revived from death by the cultish Order of Revan.
11. Cosplayer keychild’s Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee (photography by Petri Haikonen.) Luminara and Barriss are a Master and Padawan pair who were separated by Luminara’s death at the hands of then-Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.
10. Cosplayer sewcorellian’s Rey (photography by James Rulison). Rey, a scavenger on the planet Jakku, is one of the main characters of the upcoming film, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.” Look for her in theaters on December 18.
8. Cosplayer adelhaid’s Leia (photography by M. Averyanova). Leia will return in the newest filmwith the title of General, and although we haven’t seen much of her in film in thirty years, she’s been busy in the comics and expanded universe novels.
7. NYC Assassin’s Starkiller (photography by Photosnxs.) Starkiller, also know as Galen Marek, is the protagonist of the “Star Wars: The Force Unleashed” games. Apprentice to Darth Vader, Starkiller acts as his assassin, but later redeems himself in the second and final game of the series.
6. Matsu Sotome’s Senator Chi Eekway Papanoida (photgraphy by Ten.) Senator Eekway appeared in the film “Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith” and plays a minor role in opposition to Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.
5. The Stylish Geek’s Rey. Another excellent Rey cosplay by seasoned cosplayer Emily, displaying a softer side to the normally scowling character.
4. Cosplayer Th4m’s Queen Amidala (photography by bgzstudios.) One in a group of Padmes we loved, Queen and Senator of Naboo,mother of Luke and Leia Skywalker, and wife of Anakin Skywalker, cosplayer Th4m displays master craftsmanship with this complex costuming on Padme’s royal regalia.
1. My Disney Daze’s daughter as Padme Amidala with a Disney parks actor as Anakin Skywalker. This mini-Padme was too cute to pass up, wearing the lake gown from “Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.”
What Star Wars cosplays are your favorites? Check out our Star Wars Deals page for great deals.