9 BEST BLACK FRIDAY LAPTOP DEALS: YOUR NEW PORTABLE OFFICE AWAITS
Despite Apple and Microsoft’s best efforts to replace laptops altogether with giant, bulky, multi-functional tablets, laptop sales remain alive and well. There are a host of great laptop deals this black Friday, with some of the best deals coming from Best Buy, Dell Online and Staples.
We analysed the Black Friday ads that have been released so far to find the best laptop deals based on storage space, processor speed, and price. It is tough to get all three, but there is no better time than Black Friday to get your new favorite laptop for work or play. Check out our list below to plan your attack route!
LAPTOPS UNDER $250
Budget laptops are a tricky bunch to navigate. Brand name and flash doesn’t always mean substance. It’s common to include the slowest possible processor to bring the price way, way down, as that is usually a large contributor to the price of a computer.
It will be tough to get one of the preferred Intel iCores at this price point, so our list focuses on laptops that have a solid, no-nonsense Celeron processor and great storage per dollar.
- Good: Best Buy – Asus 11.6-inch Laptop with Intel Celeron, 500 GB HDD, 4GB RAM,Windows 10 for $139.99
- Better: Dell Home – Inspiron 15-inch Laptop with Intel Celeron, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD and Windows 10 for $199.99
- Best: Walmart – HP 15.6-inch Laptop with Intel Celeron, 4GB RAM, 500GB,Windows 10 for $199.99
LAPTOPS UNDER $500
Stepping up your budget a bit to the $250 to $500 category allows you to browse from more brand names, such as HP and Toshiba, and less from strange imports that hang out in the bargain bin. There are a lot of great choices for this category, so our list gives you a range of prices and locations from which to purchase.
At this slightly higher price point, you will notice that better processors, even up to the speedy Intel Core i5, start to make an appearance. While not totally sufficient for high-end gaming applications, the i5 and i3 are amazing for general use and can handle older games or lower settings well.
Storage also increases at this price point, such as on our HP choice, which features a whopping 1 terabyte of RAM, which can hold quite a few movies and photos for years to come.
- Good: Dell Home – Inspiron Laptop with Intel Core i3, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, and Windows 10 for $329.99
- Better: Staples – Toshiba 15.6-inch Laptop with Intel Core i5 with TurboBoost 2.0, 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM,Windows 10 for $479.99
- Best: Best Buy – HP Pavilion 17.3-inch Laptop with Intel Core i5, 4GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive for $399.99
LAPTOPS UNDER $1000
At this highest price point on our list, you will see virtually i7 processors only or their equivalent. Overall, these computers are great quality machines, and it is hard to go wrong with them.
Something to note at this price range is that solid state drives will start popping up on some laptops to replace their slowly dying brethren: the hard drive. A solid state drive is essentially a much faster hard drive, which for years cost a pretty penny and featured much less space than its comparable hard drive cousin. That gap is quickly closing, and you won’t got wrong with a 500 or 256GB solid state drive. If you are media-hungry, then our “better” choice gives you a massive 2 terabytes.
- Good: Staples – Toshiba 15.6-inch 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop with Intel Core i5, TurboBoost 2.0, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM,Windows 10 for $579.99
- Better: Costco – Hp Pavilion 15t 15.6-inch Touchscreen Laptop with Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro for $799.99
- Best: Best Buy – HP Spectre x360 13.3-inch 2-in-1 Touch-Screen Laptop with Intel Core i7, 256BD SSD, 8GB Ram,Windows 10 for $969.99